Wednesday, January 2, 2008

First Frog Blog of the New Year

So...it looks like more frog kissing will need to be done in 2008. It would be nice to settle down and just be with one, but I still seem to be coming across toads.

Here's some updates and introductions:

The Original Frog. I'm still keeping in contact with him. He's been busy with his kids lately, they've been in town over the holidays. We did have a date set up, but he hit a deer and totaled his truck on the way over, so it didn't work out. Maybe that's a sign....who knows?

Cartman. I really like this one. I can always count on having a good time and laughing a lot when I'm with him. We see eye to eye on most issues, but can still have spirited debates, which I usually let him win. However, he just came out of a LTR and isn't really sure what he wants in life, so we continue to have a mutually non-exclusive relationship. Partly because I don't want to be bored waiting, but mostly so that he can take some other women out and finally realize how wonderful I am. He also admires my modesty.

JJTMB. Even though he stood me up with a pathetic excuse of a broken ankle, I have consented to go out with him again. In fact we're supposed to go out tonight...and if he stands me up again, you can all delight in calling me a fool tomorrow.

Mr. Garvey. Went out with Mr. Garvey last night. I had high hopes for this one. We met online, and have "talked" since October. I was all wrapped up in the romantic notion that I was going to meet a sweet yet very masculine man like characters Merlin Olsen used to play. Instead, I got the reality show version of Mr. Garvey. This one thought it was OK to introduce himself with a full kiss on the lips, of which he slobbered more than kissed. I was so stunned by that gesture that he must have thought it was OK to repeat. Second time around, he literally burped during the kiss -- into my mouth. GROSS. Buh-bye Mr. Garvey.

Seriously. 30 years old. Owns his own company. Seriously. Owns his own house. Seriously. He's a bit more red-necky than I usually go for, but overall a very nice guy. We've been out for drinks. Other plans have been thwarted by work and holidays. Will need to go out with this one a few more times to see if there is something to pursue...or if I know someone who would be good for him.

Hand me down. A cast off from my friend Lawgirl. She went out with him, but they just never clicked. So, she's handing him down to me. We've just started talking, and he seems nice. It turns out we both used to work at the same law firm, both in the probate department. We missed each other by a year. At first I thought I scared him with a "putting the fun back in funeral" joke, but he thought it was funny. Which is good....cause who really wants to spend time with someone who won't laugh at a funeral joke?

So that's a wrap up of who's who's next and who's on deck. There are some more in the hopper, including more who want to know if I'm OK if they're bi....I don't know what's with some of these guys.

Keep on Hoppin!

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

About JJTMB - can't wait to see a picture of that cast or at least a splint, or a boot?

Mr. Garvey - OH! MY! STARS!!!!!!!!!! If only you could see the look of sheer horror on my face!!!!!!! That is worst than B f**ting on my head!

Very interesting reads. ;)

Sleepy Scott said...

I'm glad to see you still have a full stable of guys, and the list of blogged frogs keeps getting longer - lol. Keep up the good work!