Thursday, January 3, 2008

Here's an opportunity you've been waiting for....

You can call me a fool. As suspected, JJTMB didn't show up, call confirm or cancel our date last night. I was all dressed up and nowhere to go. I called him. No return call...no email, no text, no IM, no smoke signal, no nothing. In the world of modern technology, this is just really, rather pathetic. It annoys me to no end.
Here's another list of things that annoy me:

1. People who waste my time.
2. Mary and Lily -- both of whom kept finding ways into my bed last night.
3. I was silly enough to buy pens and mechanical pencils that look alike. I'm FOREVER grabbing the wrong thing.
4. I accidentally dropped the toothpaste cap down the sink and now my toothpaste is just oozing out into a big, congealed pile of crust in the cabinet.
5. Socks. Yes, Grandpa Royal pontificated on their virtues, but one of the pair is always lost or holy. Of course, it does make me love my (mom's) Uggs even more.
6. Presidential election years. I will vote...but I really don't want another 11 months of polls, ads and surprise tactics.
7. Dry hands and hangnails.
8. Bagged lettuce. Why does it taste so funny? And why do I keep buying it?
9. Ants. I have'em. Nothing I try is working. Any ideas?
10. Cleaning out the litter box.

Have anything that you need to vent?

5 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Think of that as a great big favor JJTMB just did you - he showed you who he is right out in the open. As Oprah would say, (or is it Maya Angelou?) "When people show you who they are, believe them." Now that is the one & only time you will find me quoting O, but it's a good one.

HINTS:
- Use foil to fashion a cap of sorts for your toothpaste. Sorry, it's the Don in me.
- Have heard chalk will keep ants at bay. Never tried it & frankly have no idea how you'd do it! I guess you're supposed to draw a line around the group you find & they won't cross the chalk line & you can then kill them. Sounds wives-talish to me, but worth a try if you have chalk around. You know how easy that is to come by now a days.

PS - We're too cheap to pay for text messaging service, so I can't retrieve your message from the other day. E-mail me or give a ringy-dingy if it was important. Sorry. :)

Sara T. said...

Thanks for the tips Leigh-Annsy. The quote too :)

Sleepy Scott said...

Hmmm. Perhaps you should take apart your sink trap before that dropped cap clogs it up. Maybe there are some other treasures in there too. As for a simple, temporary cap for the toothpaste tube, maybe you could chop off a pencil and use it as a cork of sorts.

I had ants in an apartment I had some years back, but they mysteriously vanished after a couple years. I think it must’ve been my cooking.

Sara T. said...

Well, I am an excellent cook. Maybe that's why the ants stick around. As for taking the sink apart...well, that's not one of my talents. Know any good, cheap plumbers/handymen in the Columbus area?

Sleepy Scott said...

Sorry, but no. I don't know any good/cheap plumbers. With all of your frogs, it seems one should be able to fix your sink! Lol. I need to find a good plumber too, as I will need to completely gut my upstairs bathroom soon. Let me know if you find one, so I can use him/her too.