Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!


For those of you who don't know Sara T. personally, I will let you in on something that most of the inner circle finds very disagreeable. I am a morning person. It is a rare gift that was given to me by my mother.

I remember one time, my mother shaking me awake to go to the grocery store with her. She promised breakfast as a post-shopping treat. So I got up, got dressed, got in the car and rode along. We walked around Meijer's, looking in all the departments. We pondered future meals and groceries and selected new books for breakfast (our favorite thing is to go out to eat and not talk, just read our books). Breakfast at Bob E's was leisurely...enough time for three cups of coffee. On the way home, I had a hard time keeping my eyes open. The sun was just coming up and was so bright. Yes, young grasshopper. We went shopping and had breakfast and still made it home in time to watch the sun come up.

Recently, the first conversation of the day I had was with Cartman. I greeted him with a grin and a Good Morning. I got a scowling response. He said that "Good Morning" was an oxymoron. Hmph.

I love the morning...and New Years...and the first day of school...meeting new friends for the first time. I love beginnings. They are exciting, full of promise and hope. For one brief second, I feel as though I am perfect -- just as I am. It's heavenly.
When we've been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We've no less days to sing God's praise,
Then when we've first begun.
Last verse to "Amazing Grace"

Maybe that is part of why Heaven is Heaven. We've no less days...then when we've first begun. In other words, every day we are there is like the first day -- the beginning of eternity. Full of promise, hope and excitement. And we will be perfect.

Like today...the beginning of a new year.

Happy New Year my perfect friend.

1 comment:

charley said...

What are you doing Sat. morning?