Friday, October 12, 2007

So, the bloom fades quickly....


Staples and I have spent much time together this week. We've spoken hours on the phone and IM'ed each other more than my boss knows! We had dinner Wednesday night AND Thursday night. He also took me to the shooting range Thursday.
Little aside here...I'm good with a gun. I mean REALLY good. I shot a 22 and a Glock 9MM. I was good with the 22 and great with the 9MM after some practice. It wasn't hard to impress myself, but Staples was impressed too. We shot for a couple of hours. I got to wear the safety glasses and the head phones, run the targets back and forth on the automated clothesline and pick up the shell casings so they could be repacked later. It was a blast -- pun intended.
So why does the bloom fade quickly? It is increasingly obvious that Staples hasn't fully recovered emotionally from his divorce. Personally, I don't think he's ready for anyone as confident and as independent as I am. I sent him home last night and asked him to think about what he wanted. After all, I'm not here to play therapist. He agreed that taking the week-end to himself to consider different possibilities would be more beneficial in the long run than me calling in sick on Friday so I could stay home with him...which is what he originally wanted.
It is a curse to be this desirable. ha ha ha.....
Anyways, Staples know that the door is open to him, but I'm not expecting much. I guess it's back to the drawing boards for me. I'll keep ya posted

No comments: