Monday, October 8, 2007

Frog #5 -- The Shimmer of a Prince

So I had a very nice date with Frog #5 yesterday. I had originally given him the nickname Steely J., but after meeting him, I discovered he had his own nickname -- Staples. Whys that you ask? Because he has an easy button...just like the commercials. And indeed, he is a very laid back and easy going guy.

Of course, when I met Staples, the first name that popped into my head was Fat Pat...because he reminded me of my cousin, but just in a smooshed down, wider kind of way.

Staples and I met at a bar to watch the Steelers crucify the Seahawks. We shared some pizza and beers, laughs and cheers for our team. We decided that more time needed to be spent together so movie and a dinner followed.

Staples is a blissfully normal guy. He works as a computer geek for JPMorgan/Chase. He owns his own house and property, likes to hunt -- both gun and crossbow, and he's an avid pool player. He grew up in western PA (around Slippery Rock) and has been transplanted in Ohio for almost 10 years. Staples is an excellent conversationalist...he speaks easily and encourages conversation, while never dominating it. That talent is a welcome treat from the one word grunts I've encountered thus far. More vital stats: he's 34 (soon to be 35 in January), has been previously married and has a 12-year-old daughter. He's Southern Baptist and because he owns guns, one can only assume that he's Republican.

So, after our 7 hour first date, I informed Staples that it was time for this little chick-a-dee to go home, as there was a dog with his legs crossed waiting there. Staples laughed and agreed. After I got home, I got an IM sayting that he had a great time. I wrote back that I did too...and we IM'ed for a bit. Then he declared that he couldn't type fast enough and asked if he could call. That conversation lasted over an hour. **sigh**

Thursday, Staples is taking me to the shooting range. We can also deduce that he is brave....very brave.

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Now it's gettin' REALLY juicy! Keep me posted.

Leigh Ann said...

I'm closing my eyes & trying real hard to picture a fat squaty Pat. It's hard! I need a picture. Bring one Tuesday if you can...