Thursday, October 4, 2007

Leisure Suit Larry and Frog #3


Did you ever play that video game in the 80's called 'Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards?" Yeah, I didn't think so. I used to play alot. Our friends the Crawfords had it. You were the character Larry and you were navigating through the night life. You had to over come drunks, jealous boyfriends, whiney women etc. etc. But you know what? No matter how far you advanced, Leisure Suit Larry never left the lounge.

Enter Frog #3, aka Bartender Ted.

Bartender Ted was one of the first guys I met online. He approached me on IM and chatted easily. He worked construction during the day and tended bar at night. He was a little forward in his approach, but I didn't really think to much about it at the time. He invited me to the bar where he worked on Saturday night so we could meet (He works in a restaurant, so the bar wasn't always crowded). I told him I would try, but didn't make any promises.

So Saturday night rolled around, and Semi-Steve had offered to actually take me out...which I thought was a better deal than sitting at the end of a bar talking to a guy between customers. Of course we all know how that turned out. While I was out with Semi-Steve, Bartender Ted started calling. Where are you at? Are you coming? I'm getting ready to leave! Call me. Several messages were left.

After I excused myself from Semi-Steve, I called Bartender Ted back....no answer. I left a voice mail and drove home. When I got home, Bartender Ted was waiting on IM to talk. He claimed the night was still young and proposed we go out. I told him that I just wasn't in a going out mood anymore, I had an early morning and sorry, we'll have to make it another time. I asked if that was OK, he said it was and he understood. Great.

Then he started contacting me about how I missed such a great opportunity. He had all the power and I was on a hook...so he claimed. Apparently he believed that I couldn't wait to go out on a date with him, and that he was just going to keep me waiting out of spite. HA! Every time I logged on to IM, he popped up with this kind of drivel.

After talking to some other girls who meet men online and use IM to communicate, I discovered that Bartender Ted is the lounge lizard of the Internet. He waits online and then pounces on whoever is new to the scene, uses them to his best advantage and then never really moves on. It amazes me that friends as far away as Cleveland have even been subjected to Bartender Ted. Nice.

Bartender Ted is now blocked from my IM list.

Tune in next time to hear about Frog #4 aka The Polyester Chief.

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

Never played "Lounge Larry". You guys had that way rad medicine game where you got to see aspirin travel through the blood stream. I know, sounds boring, but it really was fun. I only got to play it a time or two - addicting!! Does it ring a bell?