Tuesday, June 12, 2007

One Moment


All of my possessions for a moment of time.
Queen Elizabeth I 1533-1603

Last night I had the privilege of going to one of Dillon's baseball games. It seems like the clock had flown backwards 25 years and we were watching one of my big brothers games. It's funny how some things never change...the crack of a baseball making direct contact with the bat, the anticipation of watching a pop fly, the complete look of surprise on an 8 year old face when he catches it...it's all the same as it used to be. You just want to stop time for a moment, and revel in the beauty of this place and the sheer joy it offers.
They say that those who forget the past are destined to repeat it. What if you want to relive the past? I got to last night...and it was better than I remembered.