Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Waitress


Thursday night, my girls group decided we need a social event, and went out to see the movie "Waitress." It was a good movie, not great, but not bad enough to make me feel like I wasted my money. Jenna, the main character, is a waitress who is known for making unusual pies. Every time she comes to a crisis point in her life, she invents a pie and names it after the crisis. You come across pie names in the film such as Marshmallow Mermaid Pie, Lonely Chicago Pie, and Falling in Love Chocolate Mousse Pie. As the movie continues, Jenna comes up with more pies such as 'I hate my husband pie' ("You take bittersweet chocolate and don't sweeten it. You make it into a pudding and drown it in caramel.") 'I can't have no affair because it's wrong and I don't want Earl to kill me pie' ("You smash blackberries and raspberries into a chocolate crust.")and my personal favorite 'Pregnant Miserable Self-Pitying Loser Pie' ("Lumpy oatmeal with fruitcake mashed in. Flambe, of course.")
It makes me wonder, if I were to make a pie, what would it be called?

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Hilarious!! Can't wait to hear all about your pie. Great creative wrtiting starter.:)

Luke and Valerie said...

Kindly leave the dog and cat hair out of my piece, please.
:)