Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy Birthday C-Man


Happy 7th Birthday C-man.

I can't believe my nephew is 7 already. Here are some of my favorite things/memories of the little guy...

1) On the day C was born, his dad had to take older brother #1 to Kindergarten registration, and Me-maw and Pe-paw had to take brother #2 somewhere... His mom was zonked out from the C-section, so C and I spent most his first day on this earth snuggled together, just getting to know each other. If I never get to have kids of my own, I'm glad I've had the experience of bonding with a newborn.

2) Speaking of newborns, I've yet to see a child born with a darker complexion or as much black hair. He should have been in a papoose.

3) C can eat more Reece's Peanut Butter Cups in a minute flat than anyone else I know. Hands down.

4) He is absolutely brilliant -- even if he is still a little dutch.

5) He doesn't mind sharing a meal and reading quietly to ourselves.

6) There is no one better to have on a road trip. He'll go anywhere and do anything with a smile on his face.

7) While he might get mad once in a while, I've never seen him throw a temper tantrum or have a fit like so many little kids do.

8) Once, while playing electronic hangman, he asked me, "Wa-wa, what's a five letter word for blank-blank-blank-blank-blank?" (Answer = water)

9) He likes peanut M&M's in his popcorn just as much as I do.

10) Last night, at the movies, he left his brother and friends to curl up in the seat between myself and his me-maw. Then he promptly lifted his shirt so we could tickle his back -- cause he knew we couldn't resist!

2 comments:

Sleepy Scott said...

From the picture he appears a bit ornery.

Perhaps that rubbed off during that bonding time on day #1? lol

Sara T. said...

He didn't want his picture taken that day. He can be a bit ornery...he can't help it. It's in his blood. He's not destructive or mean though -- he's funny ornery!