Sunday, February 10, 2008

Vacation

va·ca·tion [vey-key-shuhn, vuh-] _-_noun

3. freedom or release from duty, business, or activity.

Attention gentle readers: I'm taking an undetermined amount of vacation from my blog and other forms of written communication (ie IM and e-mail).

Technology is great and enhances our lives in many ways. But it is no substitution for the power of the human voice and companionship.

In the past month, I've encountered four different situations where I've been hurt, or I believe others have been hurt, by things that were written...and most of them come from misunderstandings. It's easy to write things that you would never say to a persons face. and it's easy to assume you know the writers attitude. The world of technology makes it easy to accuse and easy to hide. We might have more information, but at what price? It will never offer you a hug or return your smile.

Today, in the choice between all of this and the real world, I choose the real world, hands down.

If you want to get ahold of Sara T., I hope you still have her number!

No comments: