Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Random Frog Blog

Cartman isn't interested, nor is he able to commit to anything more than friendship right now. I still have good times with him, but obviously need to jump back in the pond with some sort of vigor and intention. So here's what's been going on.

The hand-me down and I talk somewhat frequently. We're both tentative, which can make for a lot of assumptions of intentions on both ends. He did hook me up with his good friend who is going to paint my bedroom cheap cheap. When it comes right down to it, he has a very full schedule and I'm not sure how things will pan out.

Trolley popped up on IM Friday night and wanted to go out. I explained I had been on funeral watch all day and was really not in any shape for company. He made some inappropriate comments. For whatever reason, I suggested Saturday night. For 10 minutes we IM'ed about where and when, and it ended up with, he was going to call at noon the next day to set something up. After multiple phone calls, we ended up meeting at the Buckeye Hall of Fame Cafe. Now, I had seen a picture, and knew that he was a mocha color, grew up in Zambia, and his name was Mo. Why I didn't piece this together, I don't know. Mo was short for Mohammad...and he was Muslim. All I could hear was Aunt's C's voice in my head, "A Muslim and a Christian will never be friends...." Needless to say, we didn't see eye to eye on anything...including where Muslims and Christians split....he says with the identity of who Jesus really was, and I said NO...it goes back much further to the Patriarchs and a stolen blessing and a ticked off older brother.

Mo did take the liberty of ordering my dinner for me, then asked me to pay for half. I said that's ok, I'll let you get it. When we were getting ready to leave, I said that I didn't think this was going to work, and he said ok. THEN HE GRABBED MY REAR END. I shrugged out of his grasp, gave him a curt good night and sent him on his way. He keeps IM'ing me. Blech.

Sunday, I had plans to watch the Superbowl with Seriously. We talked earlier in the day, to confirm. Seriously said he would call back closer to the Superbowl, cause we were undecided if we were going to a party, a sports bar, or my house. He never called back, and then he wouldn't answer my call. For those keeping track, that's 4 dates he hasn't shown up for, two he hasn't bothered to call or cancel. Buh-bye.

Monday, I'm home because of the whole Salvation Army fiasco, and Mr. Football pops up. Now, Mr. Football and I have been e-mailing, but he just recently hooked up IM. He's my age, owns his own buisness, and plays semi-pro football as a linebacker. He trains with the Marion Mayhem. We're chatting and he asks if we can meet, so I say sure. We were both free for the next couple of hours. Now, I always arrange a meeting in public for the first time. We confirm a place and I gave him my cell phone number. I told him I needed to take the dog out and then I would be on my way. Fine. So I go and sit by myself for an hour doing the USAToday crossword and watching Superbowl recaps. I get home, and immediately IM him -- don't know what happened, I didn't see you, waited an hour, hope you're ok. Haven't heard a thing yet.

I have a question. Where are all the nice guys? If you know one, will you please introduce me? I'm tired of wasting time....literally.

No comments: