Friday, February 22, 2008

Froggy Update

So....what's going on with the frogs you may ask? Well...it's been kinda a slow year. I still see Cartman quite often, but again, no commitments so I continue to "kiss" other frogs....

Snakecharmer and I are both American Idol watchers, so we have begun a Tuesday night ritual of watching AI. We flip back and forth between houses, host makes dinner and or dessert. Snakecharmer makes excellent nachos! As for me, it's nice to have someone to cook for and share a meal with. This past Tuesday he requested lasagna, and I was happy to oblige. I also introduced him to risotto, which he also enjoyed. I make an excellent risotto with lemon and rosemary. I do believe it's more comforting than mashed potatoes...yes, I know. It's almost sacrilegious.

I haven't heard from the Hand-Me-Down since his friend painted my bedroom. Maybe the age difference was too much, maybe it was the weird way in which we met or maybe he just wasn't ready. It surely couldn't possibly be me could it?

Mr. Football missed our first date because he was in a "car accident." He never even called to confirm the second date, and I have to say, I wasn't all that upset. I'm sure my nephew "The Hammer" will be upset. He was impressed that he plays for the Marion Mayhem. In his mind, we should get married so he could be related to a real-life football player.

I met the Gambler last Saturday night. I got online about 8...he was online too. Instead of "talking" online, we just decided to meet for a late dinner. He was hysterical. I don't think I've ever met someone who talks as much as he does. The Gambler is 28, worked professionally, and is now back at OSU studying Golf Course Management. He also likes to gamble -- particularly blackjack and poker. He has even considered going professional. He was really nervous because it was his first date in quite some time. He'd been dating a girl for about 3 years, and then he got sick. They discovered a large tumor growing beside his heart. When they removed it, they had to remove part of his lung and part of his pericardia sack. He pulled the neck of his t-shirt down to show the beginning of his scar where they cracked his chest. Four days after his operation, his girlfriend dumped him. That was in December. So, who knows where this one is going...I'm not sure if he's going to be worth the gamble (I know, bad, but I couldn't resist).

2 comments:

Sleepy Scott said...

You really have a knack at finding odd gentlemen to date. I am impressed. Continue, please.

Sara T. said...

Thank you...thank you very much (a la my best Elvis impersonation!)