Friday, January 18, 2008

Greetings from Vermont!

For being in the Green Mountain State, there sure is a bunch of white! So far, my adventure has been fairly uneventful. I made it up here to B&C's around 7 PM last night. It felt great to finally be in. I forget that the further north you go, it starts getting dark earlier. I remember living in England and it would start to get dark around 3:30 in the afternoon. It's not quite that bad here, but it was definitely dark by 5. I got SO sleepy and hungry driving in the dark.

The last 100 miles or so was on a two lane highway, behind a semi, in the dark. I am anxious to get up, go out and explore -- really get to see exactly where I am at. B&C are both working, so I have the majority of the day to myself. I hope to find a couple of neat little shops and a coffee house, where I can park myself, read and people watch for awhile. I did bring my Glenn Beck, "An Inconvenient Book" to read. I'm sure people will flip here. While thumbing through the paper this morning, I noticed that the local church was having a celebration rally of the anniversary of Roe v. Wade as well as hosting a workshop on how to cut CO2 emissions. Yes, I am definitely in Vermont.

First things first though....I wonder if I remembered to pack the windshield scraper and brush......


My jeep from the upstairs window -- hence the window screen checkerboard. Hope to post more pictures soon!

2 comments:

Sleepy Scott said...

Sounds like an interesting adventure. Have fun!

Leigh Ann said...

Oh, I can't wait to hear about Beck's book! Lots of luck in liberal country. Don't let them turn you to the dark side!!