Saturday, December 15, 2007

So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye!

There are so many ways to say good-bye...and all of them pretty much stink. Especially if you are saying good-bye to a friend.
Pastor Jeff informed me this week that he was leaving our church and answering a call in Minnesota, where his wife's family lives. They will make a formal announcement to the church after Christmas. He'll start his work there sometime in March.
I will truly miss Jeff and Nancy and their boys. They have proven themselves to be excellent friends. Of course, after offering Jeff my congratulations, I immediately chastised him for not moving somewhere warmer and exotic.
Who really wants to go Minnesota? I will endure it, but only if it means I get to see such dear friends.

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

Say, Minnesota's not so bad, don't ya know. It's got great shopping - see Mall of America.

Depending on where they land, maybe you can hitch a ride with us up there some time. I'm sure you'd love to take a sixteen hour ride with three or four kiddos, huh? Keith picks great books on tape, though, like a 20 CD rendition of John Adams. You'd LOVE it. :)