Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Q: What happens if you kiss too many frogs?

A: You get mono. Seriously. Apparently, that's what my doctors think I have. Test results should be in later this week....

I haven't posted about frogs lately, so let me catch you up:

Frog#6: Jojo the monkey boy (aka JJTMB). JJTMB used to be an engineer for the Navy. Now he teaches math for Columbus public and Ohio Dominican. He's the oldest of three boys, grew up on a farm outside of Toledo and is Catholic. Went out once...he says he would like to go out again, but our schedules are chaotic and don't seem to match up. Interesting note...he put an offer on a house on my street, but ended up buying elsewhere.

Frog#7: Rusty Bucket. Transplant from the great state of West Virgina, Rusty Bucket is a truck driver for Honda. He's a single dad who mentioned on our date that he was bi-curious. He asked if that was a problem. Ummm.....yeah. That's pretty much a deal breaker right there. He still writes once in a while, to see if he can create a "spark" with me. I'm apparently too nice when I say no.

Frog#8: Cartman. A true geek in every sense of the word. The man owns a genuine light sabre. His house has two bookcases in it...one full of science fiction books, another full of toys for his daughter, whom he has on the week-ends. Cartman is truly a sweet, kind man. We've been out several times. He was the first to bring food when he heard I was sick.

Frog#9: Snake Charmer. A docent at the zoo, this guy volunteers to hold the snakes while kids pet them. He also is involved with greyhound rescue and owns two greyhounds himself. He also has a 10 foot python named Matilda. Snake Charmer is also a national pistol shooting champion and runs a couple of leagues here in the central Ohio area. This guy has had a really rough life. From those circumstances, Snake Charmer has decided that God doesn't exist. Although I get along with Snake Charmer, I sometimes wonder if this is more of a missionary endeavor for me.

Frog#10: Dr. Ross. Remember when ER first started, and it was really good and George Clooney played Dr. Ross? Yeah. I met his younger twin. This guy looks a lot like Dr. Ross, except he has light green eyes instead of brown. We were chatting one day online and discovered that we live two streets apart. He invited me over for a drink. He has a gorgeous house on the river. The entire back of the house is floor to ceiling windows that over look his boat slip. He also has an adorable American Bulldog named Bailey. Dr. Ross "writes code" for computers and has several rental properties. He also is a pothead. So, he's just fun to look at. Ahhh...

And that brings you up to date on the frogs I've actually met. There are several waiting in the wings though.....until next time!

No comments: