Wednesday, November 21, 2007

In Everything, Give Thanks

So, I'm driving around the outer belt this morning, and I notice a license plate that says:
H8 SNOW

I chuckled to myself while at the same time thinking, why do you live in Ohio then? My thoughts immediately turned to a green Ford Taurus I often see while driving on 23in Marion. The owner has taken window paint, and in big block letters, wrote all over the back window:
Jesu Christo Perdona Me

In a world full of political correctness and innuendo, it's nice to receive a clear message. I have no doubt that the lady with the vanity plate hates snow. I have no doubt that the man in the Taurus wants forgiveness from his Saviour.
Today, this was part of my devotion:
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
Colossians 3:15

I sincerely hope that my life sends the message of thankfulness that I have. Thankfulness for my Creator, my friends and family, my health, my citizenship and certainly, my dog. In fact....maybe I'll get a vanity plate so that my message can be easily understood by others:
GR8 FUL


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

1 comment:

charley said...

A good thought.
Happy Thanksgiving!