Friday, November 30, 2007

The pond is full of frogs...

...but I'm alone on a Friday night.

Actually, it's a funny story. I'd set up a date with Cartman for tonight. However, Snake Charmer texted me this morning and asked if we were still on for tonight. What?! Did I mess up and double book myself? Yikes!

After some careful research (I do archive all of my online conversations...yes, I know..that's a smart thing to do!), I realized that I did not set up anything with Snake Charmer. So I texted him back and said, sorry darling, but we didn't set a date, but if you would like Saturday or Sunday night, that's great with me. He said he would get back to me...Sunday looked good, but he wasn't certain.

So then, Frog #1, the Original Frog called. He had been MIA for two weeks while his son was in town. He wanted to get together...would Sunday night work? I told him I was going to be in and out on Sunday, but I'd let him know. Great.

Then Cartman called. Guess what? His daughter has strep...and he wasn't feeling so hot himself. Could he rain check for possibly Sunday night? I told him we'd see how he was feeling and go from there.

Ever the opportunist...I called back Snake Charmer. "Hey Snake Charmer! My plans were cancelled due to illness. Do you still wanna go out?" He'd already made other plans...and again he would let me know about Sunday.

So, if you're keeping a tally, it goes something like this:

Beginning of the day: 2 dates
End of the day: 0 dates
Possibilities for Sunday: 3 dates
Christmas gift for Sara: Erasers and white out for my planner.

3 comments:

Sleepy Scott said...

I was surfing around blogger, and ended up here. Interesting take on dating. If only I could be one of your blogged frogs. Oh, well. Good luck.

Sara T. said...

Sleepy Scott -- why couldn't you be one of my blogged frogs?

Sleepy Scott said...

Sara T.,

I’d like to be one of your frogs, but it looks like you’ve got your hands full with several others.

I especially like the story about Rusty Bucket who didn't realize that being bi-curious might pose a problem. Nice!

Take care.