Monday, August 27, 2007

Prayer List

If you haven't heard, a high school friend of mine (who also grew up around the corner), is having a really rough time. Upon coming home to visit her mom and dad, Nicole's son ran out to see his grandpa who was outside mowing. He slipped on the grass and fell under the lawn mower. Doctors had to amputate his leg, but he will survive. You can read about Bryson's accident and recovery progress here.
Saturday night, Mom and I ran into Chuck, the grandfather. I can't imagine the guilt that he has had to deal with -- even if this was just a horrible accident. But Chuck didn't seem to be wrestling with guilt. Instead he spoke of the miracles that God was performing through Bryson. He talked about the number of people who had reached out, shown love and compassion and lifted the family up through prayer.
Often, I am asked to pray for something specific. Some requests are big and some are small. Sometimes I'm asked by people who have been walking with Lord longer than I and sometimes I'm asked by people who are just trying to cover their bases. And sometimes, people don't even know I'm praying for them!
I've started a prayer list on my blog. It occured to me that I look at it, read it, and pray for these people every day. I don't however, share it. Now I would never betray a confidence, but the people to the right could certainly benefit from a few more voices from the faithful. So if you have the time, please say a prayer for them. After all, as it says in 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17 (and I love how simplistic The Message is!):
Always be joyful. Never stop praying.

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Great idea! I'll be praying when I see your list.:)

Luke and Valerie said...

That was neat hearing you say the grandfather is doing alright. The prayers for healing not only apply to Bryson. Everyone involved will need their own kind of healing.