Tuesday, March 6, 2007

I've been meaning to show you this....


In January, I got a new cell phone. I desperately wanted a blue tooth earpiece to go with it. I spend so much time in the car, that for my safety (and everyone elses) I thought it would be nice to have both hands on the wheel. So, I was thrilled when my new phone came with a blue tooth headset...until I tried it. Obviously, these are made for people with much bigger ears than mine. Every time I turned my head, it would fall off. I talked to some friends about it, and they all had the same experience. The solution was simple and is my first knit "design." I knit a four stitch i-cord on double pointed needles, bound it off and slid it straight onto the ear piece. It worked like a charm. The extra girth of the ear piece makes for a snugger fit and it's much more comfortable as well. I wonder if there is a market for these???

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Sheer genious! You're sitting on a fortune! - LAW

Luke and Valerie said...

You're so creative. It probably keeps your ear warmer, too. I'm still waiting to see those washcloths (or were they burp cloths?)you were working on.