Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Instant Pick-Me Up

Often times, I'm unmotivated. I don't want to go anywhere or see anyone. The thought of tackling another project makes me sick to my tummy. I let myself think that a nap, or some time in front of the TV would be the perfect way to rejuvenate. Oh, the lies we tell ourselves and are willing to believe....

Actually, the best way I've found to get motivated is to get up off your lazy rear and do something -- FOR SOMEONE ELSE. When you give to others, you get so much more in return. This shouldn't be a surprise -- this is part of the core of Christianity...the heart of Jesus' teaching...love one another, as I have first loved you.

So, if you find yourself a little down today, and need to give to someone for an instant pick-me up, check out this site hosted by Xerox. You can personalize a card to be sent to someone serving abroad in our military. It only takes a moment, and it doesn't cost a thing. But, you get to give your gratitude to these men and women who are risking their lives, so that others may enjoy the freedoms we take for granted here.

I don't know about you, but I certainly have a bit more energy!

No comments: