Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Another reason why it's the most wonderful time of the year...


With increased TV time, comes increased knitting time. YEAH! I am at the same time mourning that my favorite knitting ship appears to be closed. If they moved, I haven't found them yet. If you know anything about "The Stitch Stops Here" in Delaware, please let me know!
Anyway, I did start one of my favorite scarf patterns. It goes something like this:

Any kind of ribbon type yarn and size 10 needles.

Cast on 10 stiches in your preferred method.
Pattern: Knit 8 rows
on the 9th row, *Knit one, make two by wrapping the yarn around the right needle. Repeat from *until you reach the end of the row, ending with Knit1.
On the way back, drop all of those stiches you added.

Start all over by knitting 8 rows. Repeat pattern until you have the desired length.

Adorn with fringe if you like.

It's super quick, super cute and very versatile. I use them as belts, scarves, and in one very desparate moment, a purse strap.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Luke and Valerie said...

I'm starting on some socks...