Friday, August 3, 2007

Marshmallow Mermaid Pie

Awhile ago, I told you about a movie I had seen that was called Waitress. In the movie, she makes a Marshmallow Mermaid Pie. I had to try it when I got home. Not only does it taste great, but it also has an amazing texture. I hope you get to try it out!

Ingredients:
9 graham crackers
1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
5 Tbsp. butter, melted
34 Large Marshmallows
1/3 cup whole milk
1 cup whipping cream
1 oz. unsweetened chocolate, grated

Preheat oven to 375F. Combine coconut and graham crackers in food processor until coarse crumbs form. Combine crumbs and butter with fork. Press to the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 minutes and cool on wire rack.

Heat marshmallows and milk in a large saucepan over low heat until smooth, stirring constantly. Remove saucepan from heat. Cool completely (about 30 minutes).

In a large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat cream until stiff peaks form (I tinted my whipped cream pink!) Fold marshmallow mixture into whipped cream with grated chocolate. Spoon filling into cooled crust. Refrigerate pie at least three hours or overnight.

If you want, decorate top with mini marshmallows, maraschino cherries and or rainbow sprinkles.

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I have been thinking that new picture up top fits you so well - then I noticed the tell-tale toe deco!!! GREAT SHOT!! Man, no wonder you wish you were there when you had been. Which cruise was that? LUCKY!

Luke and Valerie said...

Sorry- that pie doesn't have enough chocolate involved for me. I mean, we're trying to be a smore thing with the graham and marshmallows, but we're only gonna have a little grated unsweetened goodness in there? Riiiight.