Thursday, August 16, 2007

Challenge

A few weeks ago, our sermon was examining 1 Peter 3: 1-7 (wives, submit to your husband...) I became really frustrated. It is becoming an increasingly frequent occurence for me to leave church feeling this way. I am tired of always having to figure out how these lessons might apply to my life. More often than not, I end up concluding that yes, I agree with the message and I hope it applies to me directly sometime in the future. Until then, I guess I just encourage the women I know to be godly wives. **sigh**
After I found out that ALL the other girls in my women's group felt the same way, I decided to take our viewpoint to the pastoral staff at church. Pastor Jeff, brilliant man that he is, has issued a challange to our group: develop a sermon series on singleness that might be useable for the entire church. Tonight, I am meeting with my new friend Erica to start the process.
While I am fairly confident in my point of view, I would love to hear what YOU think. I will keep you posted on how things work out.

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Three words...
Nancy Leigh DeMoss!!

She is like 50 something, never been married, & such an awesome lady! She is one of my "spiritual mentors". Find her at http://www.reviveourhearts.com/

After sifting through her resources there, I found a link that might be helpful to you guys...
http://www.reviveourhearts.com/topics/topic.php?topic_name=Singleness

Tell me when you find something good,
LAW

Leigh Ann said...

Sorry, when I tried to paste the link, the whole thing didn't go through. But if you click that second link, it will take you to "topics". Under topics, there's one on singleness. In there, you will find six different radio series, each at least a week long (except the first one - they must've erased that one). Anyway, all of those broadcasts would be excellent I am sure. Every time I listen to Revive Our Hearts, I come away challenged, blessed, & wanting to hear more.

The book there, "Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye?" looks awesome & the last week of broadcasts is all on that, so I just might be listening to that on the ol' iPod next week.:)