Friday, July 20, 2007

I"m Baaaacccckkkkk!!!!!




My trip to South Carolina was great! It was a perfect combination of laying around and being busy.

Toby and I spent the week-end in Charleston, or to be more accurate, on the beach at Isle of Palms. The rest of the time he was working, but I have no problem entertaining myself. I went to the South Carolina Aquarium (which pales in comparison to the one in Cincinnati), the Columbia Art Museum (they have actual Monet's -- who knew?), and became a James Patterson devotee.

There are some things that you can get only in the South....boiled peanuts, peach sangria, collared greens, sweet tea and grits to name a few. They make those things other places, but they taste best in the South.

It's nice to stay at Toby's house. It has most of the comforts of home, but no TV or Internet, so you don't get sucked in by the mundane. His dog Gervaise and I went for walks, sat on the porch and greeted neighbors, and discussed the humidity in the airless afternoons.

Toby also has a convertible, so if you get up in time to take him to work, you get to drive it for the day. It truly feels like a vacation in a such a sporty little car. I love to watch the reactions when I pull up beside people blasting some praise music or folk music. I get the strangest looks when I pull up singing along with the classical station. he he.

While it was great to be in the South, it's so nice to come home to my own house, Linus and temperatures lower than 95.

PS -- My experience on Skybus was great. I had no problems whatsoever and would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a cheap flight.

1 comment:

Luke and Valerie said...

Sounded lovely. I can't wait to have a reason to fly Sky Bus (though nothing bad I hope)- they are adding cities all the time.